Monday, January 30, 2012

Behind Again

Once again I am behind.  Some day I will be able to keep up with life....You all doubt it?  Well, I will try ;)  Here are some of the fun things we have been doing the last few months.



Mason went to his first movie:  Puss N Boots.  He loved it, but mostly the little snack pack.  Unfortunately he did not weigh enough to keep the seat down, so sitting didn't last long.  But that is why we went at 10:00 am on a Tuesday.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves :)



Mason has become quite the little helper.  He jumps at the chance to help me out.  I love it the stage he is in, but it seems to be getting better and better as he gets older.  What a great little guy!



This was Davis at 3 months....He is 5 months now, but I love this picture!


Mason always took Davis's pacifier, so this little guy has become quite the thumb sucker!

 Obviously this is back in the fall, but I love this picture.




Mason's favorite thing is to take a bath, and no wonder.  We are always finding something fun to do in there.  This is his favorite, all lights off and then we put glow sticks in.


I have quite the monkey on my hands, he will climb anything!



My smiley Davis


This was just a little hello on Thanksgiving.


We moved into a bigger place over Thanksgiving weekend.  This is Mason playing in the backyard.



It seems like Davis is getting just as big as Mason, they can almost share clothes already!!



Mason is a huge Yo Gabba Gabba fan, and Brobee is his absolute fave!



Davis is finally a jumper, and Mason always wants to be where Davis is.


These boys have a fun time in the bath, it always ends up that they are together in the tiny baby tub.



Nothing like cartoons in the morning so mom can get ready for the day!


Davis is a silly guy



Mason will sit for only a few things one of those is Finding Nemo.  The others are Cars and The Lion King.



Davis isn't sure bout hats yet.



This was Davis's first time in the bike trailer, he is not so sure about the proximity to Masons fingers for very long.  He came out with a lot of scratches.


Leave it to Mason to use chopsticks better than me.



Mason kept asking santa for a baby.  Sorry buddy, not gonna happen.



Funny pic of Mason in his "shoe socks", diaper, and hat that Uncle Kevo made.



These lucky guys got to enjoy the indoor slide at Grammy and Gampas


We love Auntie Jess and Uncle Kevo


Getting ready to try Ice skating for the first time!


Not a great picture, but I was trying to zoom in close, here is Mr. Mason Ice Skating at 22 mo old!!



Although not a lot of snow, these two crazy kids were able to go sledding in Jessica's backyard.  They had a blast. Unfortunately we only got videos of them sledding, and I can't ever get videos to upload right on here.



Of course all the grandkids got some jammies on Christmas Eve from Grammy Munk.  They were so cute. Long johns with little "bear" bum flaps in the back.  We tried to get pictures of that, but the babies were having a hard time standing and Audrey only wanted to stand forward.  Go figure, they all wouldn't do exactly what we wanted ;)



Davis was lucky enough to just sleep on Gampas chest while the other kids were going crazy opening presents.  He could care less about his Santa pile right now.



I know this photo is blurry, but it is the only picture of Mason I got by his Christmas stuff.  He banked this year.  Santa unknowingly got a lot of help from "Grandma Santa" so there was so much stuff we had to ship it home because it wouldn't fit in the car.  Spoiled?  Yes.  Fun?  Also a yes.  *sigh*  He does have a lot of fun with everything though and so I guess it is worth it since he is one busy boy!!



Mason had a blast playing in Grandma and Grandpa's playhouse.  My mom just restored it from being condemned ;)  It is back to its glory days from when we were kids.  Just needs the slide reattached to the second floor.  


This is the inside on the first floor.  Mason loved to go and strum the guitar by the fire.



These two are a little over 3 mo apart.  I hope they are as good of friends later as Audrey and Mason are turning out to be!



The last day we were there my mom put together a small trampoline she bought on sale at Al's.  Mason LOVED this trampoline!  It was just his size.  He could have jumped all day!




Back in California for the New Year.  New Years Day was absolutely beautiful!!!!  This is just behind our new place.  It is a fun place to live.




This is also behind our house.  It is a mountain bike trail.  The bike trails here are amazing, and so much fun to explore.



Another milestone is that Mason moved to a big boy bed.  So sad to see my baby grow up so fast, but the plus side is is that he loves it!!  He has been crawling out of his crib since he was 16 mo old, so I would have to go and sit with him by the crib at nap time and bed time until he fell asleep.  Now he wants to go to sleep!  He begs to go down for his nap when he is tired.  It is so much better!!!



Davis finally started rolling last month.  It is crazy to think that Mason was crawling at 4 1/2 months and Davis just barely started rolling at 5 mo.  Chris asked me why he was so lazy, I laughed and told Chris that Davis was actually the normal one!!




Apparently Mason has been all too attentive.  If I don't get Davis right when he starts crying Mason goes over and tries to "nurse" him so he stops crying.  I know, I know.  This will definitely be an embarrassing picture when he is older.  Don't worry, I got video also ;)




Here is a project I am in the middle of.  I found this dresser by the dumpster at my friends apartment.  It was in really good shape still and very sturdy, and I needed a dresser for Mason's room.  I got a paint card with four shades of green and got a sample of each.  Then I painted each level of the dresser a different shade going from light to dark.  I still need to do one more coat of paint and get drawer handles I like, but not too shabby for an investment of $8 right?




I love when I catch these two playing :)



We've been sick off and on for quite awhile now, so I finally broke down and took the boys in to the doctor.  Like I thought they just have colds, but they are both fighting ear infections because of having the colds for so long.  Poor guys were pretty miserable for awhile, but I got lots of snuggles.


I finally gave Mason his first haircut.  It was hard, he moves a lot.  But I am satisfied with the outcome.


Mason is trying to show Davis how to color on his chalkboard.  I found the best thing:  Chalkboard contact paper.  I put it on the inside of my pantry door so that I could keep my weekly menu plan there, but I had a lot left over.  So I put it on the top of Masons activity center.  he loves it!!




Mason loves when I spin him around.  I was able to kind of take a picture while I was spinning him.  the joy in his face makes me so happy.




They start getting good at technology so young these days




This is a picture from San Francisco the other day.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!  It was warmer this weekend than it was all last summer here!  We had a great time!



Mason had to of course try to climb over the fence to see the sea lions better.




We also went to Santa Cruz.  Mason got down and dirty in the sand.




And now I'm caught up ;)  Until next time!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute to see all these photos! I am loving the glow sticks in the bath tub. That is the best idea ever!

Christie said...

I absolutely LOVE everything about this post and your pictures! And I've never heard of chalkboard contact paper, that's awesome! So fun to see your boys growing up :)

Alabama Apples said...

I loved it! Your little guys are darling. Sheesh girl, how do you have any time? No worries about posting quickly. Good heck, I have only 1 under the age of two and I can't keep on top of anything. :p You are so fabulously creative! I love the dresser, the glow-stick idea and the chalk-board contact paper. I need to see if I can find some!

Jenny said...

That was your playhouse? WOW! I am jealous now as an adult!