Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Bit Disgusted....

On a whim last night after work we decided to go down to Galveston so we could sit on the beach (Chris did a little swimming, I did not).  We figured that it was close enough, about 45 miles, and we are really missing San Diego and being able to go to the beach anytime we want.  Well, these are not my Beautiful California beaches!  As I was sitting on the beach waiting for Chris to get done swimming, I couldn't help but take some of the pictures of this beach.  There is no pride in how beautiful the Gulf could be here, and I couldn't believe people could be like this!  There was trash everywhere!!!!  I watched a couple families clean out their BAGS by throwing their garbage onto the sand and then walk away.  And they of course weren't the only ones!  It was so dirty and trashy.  I took a few pictures so you could all see, but they don't even begin to show how messy it was.  I was disgusted and saddened....


9 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Some people can be so gross, and not care about their surroundings. I don't even live there and it digusts me. Take care of the beaches

Jenny said...

Gross! You'd think they could be fined or something to enforce clean beaches.

Nyman's said...

how hard is it to find a garbage can? I'm sure they are everywhere that is the sad part.

Hayley said...

So sad. I hate seeing people litter!

Unknown said...

Very disappointing-people need to have more pride in our land/water!

Alabama Apples said...

Sorry, that previous comment was made by me, Liberty, signed under my husband.

Carly said...

That makes me sad. They don't appreciate what they have. I would love to be sitting on the beach right now!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

people make me so mad!

Nate and Tasha said...

Come back to California! That is disgusting!