So, we went to Washington DC over Labor Day weekend. I had never been there, and wanted to go. Man was I tired by the end of the weekend!!! For someone who has been going to bed every night for the last 3 months at 8:00, to change to a 2:00 am bedtime and up by 7:00 am to walk around DC for hours and hours and hours and hours.....was, well, really hard. But I made it, and we had a blast. We flew into Baltimore where visited with Chris's friend Nate and his fiance Laura. Then we took the train into DC for two days. It was a lot of fun, to see all the cool things that DC has to offer. Not only that, but I got to see one of my best friends from college, Jonathan Abebe, and his new wife. We had dinner and got to catch up. it was great. Here are a few pictures. We didn't take enough, and I am not sure why we didn't get any with Nate and his fiance and Jonathan and his wife. Bummer.
The Capital building
My favorite---the Lincoln Memorial
Me at the National Archives



5 comments:
DC is an awesome place to see! We loved our trip there a few years ago but there is WAY too much to try and cram in and you come home exhausted!
When we were visiting the Lincoln Memorial, we asked a stranger to take our pic ... long sotry short they got all of us in the pic but completely cut off Lincoln's head haha. Sounds and looks like you guys had a blast ... such a fun place to visit!
I love visiting DC. How fun for you and your sweetie. I loved seeing your baby bump! ;)
I've always wanted to see these places...someday!
That looks like such a fun trip. Lincoln Memorial was my favorite also. I visited it when we lived there in 2002. I was very pregnant with Jane and had just finished reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin". I was so moved I just balled standing at the feet of President Lincoln. I'm sure people thought I was just an emotional pregnant lady--but I think it was the book, not the hormones!
Post a Comment