Friday, December 3, 2010

Dr. Suess

I am very sad that we are moving. Oh yeah everyone, we are moving. Yuck! I love it here and didn't want to leave. Especially since we were only here 7 months. I love our house. It is a duplex, but it is just so great! (Anyone need to rent an ultra cool place by Big Cottonwood?) One of my favorite things was decorating Mason's nursery, since we didn't have a room for him before we moved here. I wanted to do Dr. Seuss since before he was born, so it was a lot of fun decorating. I took some pictures so I can remember everything since we are moving into a small apartment when we get to California, and who knows when we will get into a house so I can decorate his Dr. Seuss room and bathroom again. Here are the pics (Sorry they aren't the best, there were a lot of shadows...):



Side of room: Crib and some great pictures. We made the pictures from giant puzzles we found at Borders for $3, then just glued them and put them in a cheap black poster frame.

Photobucket



I love Mason's crib. I found it and the matching changing table on Craigslist for REALLY cheap in Houston. I miss Houston craigslist..... Anyway, we got these cute Seuss stuffed animals for $5 each at Kohls. You can also get the matching book for another $5. That is a pretty good deal for Seuss stuff. And yes, I have ALMOST every Seuss book. I love reading them to Mason.

Photobucket



I did a close up of the sheets because they are so cute. I got the sheets, bumper and quilt at Pottery Barn kids for 60% off. SCORE!!
Photobucket


Photobucket
I know this picture is horrible, but my glider also gets some cute Seuss dolls in the other corner. :)

Photobucket



The other wall also has some cute pics we made above the changing table. Except, now that Mason is moving around and exploring more he likes to sit up and try to pull the pictures down while he is getting his diaper changed. They may have to go higher next time.

Photobucket


My WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, FUN etc, etc. Friend Nicole found this Horton Clock for me. :) It is just above the glider. (We miss you Nicole)

Photobucket


Another Shadowy picture, but I love this quote for his room, it is by the door when you walk in. If I owned my house, there would be painted truffula trees everywhere, but alas, maybe the next house....

Photobucket


Next Mason's bathroom. This pics are really horrible, I need a wide lens....Anyway, you get the gist. Another great quote for a little guy, and can you see the awesome Cat in the Hat in the Mirror?

Photobucket


I got this bath rug at Pottery Barn also. So cute.

Photobucket

Here is another pic of the Cat. The Red, white and Turquoise towels are usually hanging below him on the towel rack. But someone (ahem, Chris) Broke it. So right now they are hanging on the shower door.

Photobucket



Well, that is it. Hopefully I will get to set it all up again soon!!!! Everyone cross your fingers I am not in a tiny apartment for long!!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So sad! It really is a nice thing to be in your own place so you can paint, decorate, and put as many holes in the walls for pictures as you want. Wishing you guys the best.

Trisha said...

How unique...I have never seen a nursery decorated with Dr. Suess!

Hayley said...

So talented Haylee! Just darling.

Nicole said...

I love it! The clock gies so well. Here is hoping that you get to decorate your new place too- and soon!!