Friday, August 15, 2008

Ahhhh.....Relief from the heat....Thank you Colorado!

I know that I have not blogged for awhile, but I was in Colorado for a week, and then of course the Olympics has been on (and who has time to do anything when you could be watching Olympics!!!). So to catch up I am posting some of my pictures from Colorado. I go to Breckenridge every year to cach a camp there for the last 12 years (minus last year after I had back surgery). This year I was not able to spot the gymnasts so my official job title was dance teacher. I know, I know. Those of you that know better realize that I am not much of a dancer myself, but I was working with non dancers so it all worked out. It actuall went better than I thought. There were six groups and I did three short dances and they looked very cute doing them! I am so proud of myself!! Of course the week was made even more special by my mom and dad coming to Breckenridge for the week as well. They stayed in a condo next to our staff condo. Unfortunately the reason my mom was able to get off work is because she broke her foot :( She was a trooper though and hobbled around on her crutches with my dad and I for a bit every night when I was done. I didn't get too many pictures other than my camp gymnasts (my other job was camp photographer), but here are a couple fun ones plus a couple of my cute gymnasts!!!

The beautiful houses around Brekenridge built right on the edge of the mountain. Scary, but beautiful.

A camp photo of most of our gymnasts on the main floor

Me at a restaurant clowning around :)



One of our gymnasts, Peyton, showing off for the camera.


5 comments:

Hayley said...

Me and Jessie Provenza went skiing there a few times, and it is beautiful! I bet it was fun to see during the summer months.

Carly said...

It looks like you had fun! I bet it was a lot of work. It sounds like you had lots of different jobs to do during the camp. Are you glad it's over or missing it? Fun pictures! Colorado is beautiful.

Nate and Tasha said...

12 years!! Wow! I would have loved to see the dance you came up with. Maybe video it next year, since it looks like you will be there again :)

Nyman's said...

Looks like you had a blast. The scenary looks amazing.

KIRSTEN said...

Colorado is pretty - I love that state!! Too mad you were so close but yet so far away :(