Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting Ready for Ike!

So, people have been trying to get ahold of me about hurricane Ike, so I thought I would do a quick post so that everyone knows. Yes, Hurricane Ike is supposedly coming this way, and no we have not evacuated. Chris and I are right in downtown Houston, and we have all been told to stay where we are to prepare for the storm instead of getting on the roads and clogging them up. I am a little nervous because I have never been in a storm like this, but Chris and I are prepared so we should be fine. We are in a concrete building on the 5th floor so we are not too worried about the actual storm. It is supposed to be a category 3 hurricane when it hits land, but that is when it hits Galveston, so hopefully it will be a Cat. 2 when it gets to us. They say we could be without power for a week or so, but we have a lot of dried food and batteries, etc. It will be like we are camping in our apartment :) So....I guess I will post again after the storm sometime and let you all know how it went!

8 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

I saw that on the news and totally thought of you! Thanks for the update I was wondering what you were going to do! Good luck!!!!

Mortons Love said...

Wowza, Hopefully it isn't as bad as they predict, right? I hope things are ok. If not then hopefully the worst is you'll have fun "camping"

KIRSTEN said...

I have also been thinking about you. It is good to hear that you guys should be ok. We have some friends who live in San Pedra and are having to evacuate. GOOD LUCK we will be thinking of you

Trisha said...

I hope you are safe and sound!

Carly said...

We are sitting here watching the news. Crazy weather. It sounds like the power is out and the camping has begun. We hope you guys are doing ok. We are thinking about you and praying for you :)

Hayley said...

I'm glad you guys are okay, I know because I saw on facebook you see.

Hugs.

Alabama Apples said...

I'm glad you all are okay. Yuckiness...I still remember what it looked like when we moved here after Katrina. Good luck with everything!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Will love to hear what actually happened...hopefully you had a "good" campout.