Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Weekend

We had a busy weekend! I threw a baby shower for my friend Tiffany. Which was fun, but I was nervous since I don't really have any experience in that area. But it turned out well, and I of course bought too much food!! I always do that. I think I get that from my mom!

We also had company for the weekend. Chris's friend JP came to visit, we saw the James Bond movie (VERY GOOD!) and ate Tex Mex. Then Chris's other friend Nate came into town as well so Chris, Jp, Nate, Dave and Adam (all friends growing up in Michigan) had a City Slickers day while Adams wife and I went to the baby Shower. They went to a shooting range to shoot guns, and then they all went horse riding. I wanted to post some of the pictures of them shooting guns, but Chris didn't send me any pictures from his phone. I was also mad he didn't get any horse riding pictures. None of them have ever rode horses so they found a little farm where they were taken on a two hour horse ride. They were all embarassed because the owners made them wear little helmets and made them WALK ONLY in figure eights for two hours!!! Ha ha ha!! Looks like they will all have to go on a real horse ride some time!!

Then after all of that we went to Daves house for some good Texas brisket and Ribs. Then the boys played Guitar hero World Tour while we girls gave ourselves pedicures. Not a bad Saturday night!!! Too bad our friends had to leave today. Now it is back to business! Chris leaves tonight for a business trip (again!!) and I have to work all week! Bummer!!






6 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

I'm in on your next foot soak!! Sounds like you guys had a fun, busy week. How many more days until Japan - are we one the countdown yet??

Hayley said...

I'm jealous of the pedicure!!!

Alabama Apples said...

How fun! I love weekends fun of fun. I, too, am totally jealous of your pedicure! I could use one...maybe I could bribe my hubby...

I bet your shower was fun. And remember, you can never have too much food!

Nyman's said...

Party it up, I love it!. Don't you just love girl time and peddy's...By the way I love the pic you have on your blog.

Nate and Tasha said...

I hate it when the fun has to end and the work begins. Looks like you made every moment count while your friends were in town. I will have to try the at home pedi sometime...

Trisha said...

Looks like a great time...I feel like a poor host when I do showers because I don't like to do all the games and stuff...I'm sure yours was great!