Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Great Asian Race: Day 15 - Day 16 The Conclusion!


I know, I know, you thought you would never see the end of these posts.  Yea, well I thought I would never get through them.  My blog is going to be very boring after this one.  I won't really have anything to write about.  Oh well.  

Day 15

Today we are waking up and taking the train back to Tokyo for the day.  yay!  Another ride in the bullet train!



This is really the room we paid $100/night for.  Yep we folded out that little futon mattress and slept on the floor AND had to share a communal bathroom.  Not as nice as previous hotels, but it was the experience that counts, right?

This is what I usually looked like while traveling

You can't really tell, but under all of those clouds is Mt. Fuji...


Once in Tokyo it was a whirlwind of sites since we only had a day!

Chris in the electronics district.  Boy did he love it there!

Checking out all the sites in Tokyo

A Kabuki theatre in the Tokyo National Museum

The 3rd tallest building in the world, and we are headed there to take the elevator to the top!

The sunset at 47 stories up over Tokyo.

I don't know what this building is, but I thought it looked cool.

More overlooking Tokyo.

And we are still up there as it gets dark.

This is Hirojuku.  It is where the young adult girls get all crazy with their outfits.  Gwen Stefani says she gets a lot of her inspiration here.  It was pretty crazy!

Next onto Shinjoku, actually I don't know how to spell it, but you get the idea.


This is a picture of the busiest intersection in the world.  Not too busy at night, but during the day it is crazy!

I know I didn't get many fun pictures here in Tokyo but we were traveling around the city so much that I didn't get my camera out all that often.  We stayed in the city that night, and luckily had a bed to sleep on.  We even had Karaoke in our room!  ha ha ha!  Gotta love Karaoke hotel room!

Day 16

Our last day in Asia....Sad, but I was about ready.  Our plane did not leave until 2:00 so we decided to go to the Imperial Palace before we left.

Chris getting ready to walk through the main gate

The path through the Imperial East Gardens

Guardhouse

The memorial site of one of the brave Samurai warriors.

Tea Gardens at the Imperial Palace

Kind of like a shed in your backyard, but one made out of stone!




I love this picture.  It is the moat surrounding the Imperial Palace.  It looks so serene with the swan.  I was pretty proud of myself for taking such a good picture!  ha ha ha
The Tokyo train station.  We spent a lot of time here getting around!! Our last sight of Japan before the Plane.



And there you have it.  A wild and crazy 16 days!!!  I can't believe it took me so long to finish!!!

5 comments:

Mortons Love said...

Hey, I would love to get together. I'll be gone Feb 26 through March 3! Maybe it won't work. email me.

Hayley said...

Haylee, Somehow I have missed a bunch of your posts. Your trip looked amazing, I loved the skiing pics! What an awesome experience for you!

Kylene said...

Hi Haylee! I just commented on Hayley Kidman's blog and saw your name right above mine. I peeked over here and wanted to tell you how jealous I am of your trip! It looks like you had an amazing time. Fun for you!!

Mike Faldmo Family said...

Wow!!! What a fun adventure...I loved reading about your trip and seeing the cool pictures. I agree, facebook is fun but blogs tell a little more.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

What an experience! I loved seeing all of your pictures - not just the swan one!