Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Showers

Let me start out this post by telling you all that I am horrible. I have had 3 baby showers. 3!!!! And how many did I remember to take my camera to? 0. That is right, 0. I don't have ANY pictures of my baby showers. I am already failing as a mom. We even have nice cameras that I could have taken. Do I ever remember them anywhere we go? Nope. I really need to be better about this.

So, the first one was given by Chris's work. I am not going to lie. It was kind of awkward. I didn't know anyone there. But Chris was very excited that they would think to give him a baby shower. So, that is good. I am glad they did it.

The second one was given by my work. It was a triple baby shower, and a lot of fun! Our Team head coach's wife is having a c-section the day before me, and one of my best friends here in Houston that I work with is due a few weeks after me. Our co workers gave us wonderful gifts, and all of my team gymnasts brought in lots of gifts as well. So nice of them. My favorite gift of the night was from my boss. She bought all three of us a baby food maker from William-Sonoma. I can't wait to use it.


view-larger.html.jpg





The third and final baby shower was held by my good friend Rebecca Malone. She did an awesome job! She is a Martha Stewart in the making. Although I didn't take any pictures of the actual baby shower here are some pics she took of the set up. The theme was that I was going to have an egg hatching soon, so she did everything with birds, nests, and eggs. Very cute.

Plates with "nest" trimming...check!


Napkins with bird embroidering....check! (and yes she embroidered these napkins herself!!!)


Bird in nest cups with homemade strawberry lemonade....Check!

Origami birds as decoration.....check!






And yes, she melted chocolate and shaped it into birds for cupcake toppers on her own.



Instead of some silly baby shower games, she prepared material for people to cut out the cute shapes and make me onesies and burp cloths. They just cut them out and ironed them on. I got to pick the winner. It was hard because they were pretty cute. But I loved my friend Tiffany's with the anteater, top right. The colors were nice together too. Rebecca kept them to sew around the edges so it all stays on before she gives them to me. Very thoughtful.


Because we don't have a name, she had a station where people could write down names for the baby. Unfortunately, no one else can think of a good boy name for me either...bummer.

As I said, I wish I had pictures of the actual party, but I will just have to make the goal to do better at the picture thing.

One more week!!!

5 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

How fun! I adore your last shower...seriously, your friend could rent herself out as a planner. Fabulous! What a clever idea to have your friends make you some darling burpies and onesies. Love it!!!

Trisha said...

So fun! I can't wait to see him!

Jenny said...

That has got to be the absolutely most adorable theme for a baby shower I've ever seen! Everything looked so dang cute! I love the idea about decorating a onesie too!

MartyE said...

What a fantastic shower idea! I loved the onesies and burp cloth idea also. How crafty and useful.

We are so excited for you guys! You are just days away! wahoooo

Nate and Tasha said...

How fun to have 3 baby showers! I bet you got some great gifts to start you out. Everything is needed for the first. The bird shower idea was adorable and sooo creative.