Sunday, March 28, 2010

Small Update








Well, I am horrible. Mason is a month old now, and I can't believe how much he has grown. I do not have any pictures downloaded right now, but I will hopefully get some on here this week. I meant to do it last week, but it has been a whirlwind of things this week. Chris was laid off from his job at HP on Monday, and being that our lease is up on April 1st, we had some things to decide. We came to Houston for a job. Well, no job, so we are leaving for now. We did not want to renew our lease if we had a chance to go somewhere else. Don't get us wrong though, he is looking for any job, so if he happens to get another one here, we will be grateful and take it. I am personally hoping to be headed back west. Between Doctors appointments, and trying to pack our apartment and Mason not feeling well and wanting me to hold him all the time, I just didn't have the time to update pictures.

We have some great friends here. Most of them showed up yesterday and spent their Saturdays moving all of our belongings into a storage shed. Where are we going you ask? Well, we will embark on a 32 hour roadtrip on Thursday morning (not sure how I feel about this with a 1 month old, but oh well). We will drive to Kansas city, Missouri and stay with my wonderful in laws. We can't wait. We are going to stay a couple of nights there. They have not seen Mason yet, so it should be a lot of fun. Then Saturday morning we will drive to Denver where we will stay the night with Chris's sister, Lisa. This should also be good. We don't get to see them enough. (Kirsten, if you are reading this, I wish we were staying longer so we could meet up, but it looks like we will get there late, then leave early in the morning. Bummer) Then we are gong to drive to Provo on Sunday where we will get to see Chris's other sisters and all the nieces and nephews on Easter!! Yay! Then on Monday we will conclude our trip in Benson, where we will be staying with my parents. How long you ask? Not sure. Maybe 3-4 weeks! It all depends on when Chris finds a job.

So, any of my Utah friends want to get together? I would love to see some of you while I am there!

And because I can't do a post without pictures I will leave you with a few from when my family was here at the first of March:



Sleeping Cousins

We went to Brazos State Park while my family was here. It is just South of Houston and hey have TONS of Alligators just roaming around. They were even on the trail!!



Baby Alligator




Mama Alligator






And a couple Family pics....








8 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Haylee ... of course i read your post. Although I am sad that I can't meet the little man quite yet ... family is the most important and I completely understand. Enjoy all of your family visits - can't wait to see all the pics!

Roxanne said...

Wow lots of changes all at once. I hope you get settled soon and the job hunt ends up a good one. Come on over to Idaho!
I have been meaning to comment on you adorable little one and have been a slacker. He is so cute! I think you and Erin should make a trip to your aunts and visit me so I can see him in person. Good luck with everything.

Jenny said...

Holy Cow! What a whirlwind and perfect timing with a baby. My only advice with traveling with an infant is to drive like crazy when he's sleeping, pray he eats fast, and try not to get too upset if you don't get to your many destinations on anticipated arrival time! At least that's been our experience. I hope Chris finds something soon but in the meantime I guess you can look at it like a nice vacation!

Faldmo's said...

Oh Wow!!!! Sorry about all the craziness. I'm sure your family is excited to have you for a while.
p.s. sleeping cousins picture - so so so adorable!!!

Hayley said...

LMK when you get here, I would LOVE to see you and hold the babe!

Alabama Apples said...

crazy, craziness!! Hang in there! Whenever I drive with my babies, I just take it slow. I feel for you, having to pack your house up. Uggh! It is seriously on my list of most HATED things to do.

Your little man is darling! I just want to squeeze his little cheekies.

ZZ said...

I already miss you guys! I hope you're doing well and having fun with family. I miss little Mason already. I know you're busy, but give me a call when you get a chance! love ya!

The Falkers said...

Thinking about you girl! I hope everything turns out just how you want it!!!