Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Belated Mothers Day Story




So I want to start out this post by apologizing to every other mother that reads this, because apparently I have the smartest kid in the world! ;) He may only be 10 weeks old, but he knew it was Mother's Day on Sunday. Smart little guy I tell ya. He sleeps about 4 hours at a time at night, twice I got 6 hours out of him, but that was weeks ago. The Saturday before Mother's Day I did what I do every day.

He woke up and wanted to Dance:




We let him help us dress him:


He helped with chores:




Got some more exercise in his Jumper:



I gave him a bath:



We read him a book:



And we put him to bed:



Ok, I know this isn't a picture of him in bed, but I wanted you all to see how cute his Dr. Seuss bed is :)


Four hours later I wake up. To screams? No. To Silence. He is still asleep. Hmmm. Must be sleeping longer tonight. At six hours, I again wake up. To Screams? Nope. Still silence. Is he breathing? Yep. Hmmm.... By 7:00 in the morning I was having withdrawals!!! But he finally stirred at eight hours of sleep, so I scrambled up to go get him. You can see that maybe I am the one not ready for him to sleep all night without me :)

Has he slept that long since? Nope. He just KNEW it was Mother's Day!!! Smart!

Here are some pictures of the wonderful breakfast Chris made me (Also a smart move by dad, Mason must get it from him):





This is one of my favorite breakfasts from our old Hangout in Oceanside, Beach Break Cafe. It is called crunchy French Toast. I was in heaven!!


I also want to give a shout out to the best Mothers I know!!!

My own Mother:



She is the most giving person I know. She is always willing to help us in anything, and she supports us in what we do. I love you Mom!


My Mother-In-Law:



The Sweetest, Kindest person I think I have ever met. And she raised a pretty good son ;) I hope I can raise my son like she did hers.

And to my sister:


Jessica is such a great mom! She loves Audrey so much, and does so much for her. Plus she is ahead of me by 4 months and can tell me everything that I am doing wrong!


Also, to my sisters-in-laws: You are all raising happy, smart, talented, spiritual children. I am glad I have you all to learn from.

And a Happy Belated Mothers Day to everyone else!!!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Smart baby indeed.

Jenny said...

That is the best gift a baby can give! Last year for Mother's Day Pearl had a long nap after church with me on the couch and I seriously thought it was heaven!

KIRSTEN said...

Haylee, I seriously cannot wait to meet little Mason. He is such a CUTE little man! When I finally get to meet him, tell Chris to have some of that super yummy crispy french toast waiting!!

ZZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZZ said...

Aw, I love all the pictures!! Mason IS getting so big. I am so excited to see the little guy in just 2 months! BTW, you are soooo lucky to have a chill little baby who actually sleeps. I'm jealous. And, that breakfast that Chris made you looks amazing. Tell him I want some when I come vist. ;) Love you lots! xoxo

Alabama Apples said...

What a smart little guy! Ohh, he knows the way to his mommy's heart! ;) Happy Mother's Day!

I adore his grin, what a cutie!!