We decided to go to Moab in mid April. Mostly because I had never been there, Chris was getting burned out at job hunting every day and also our good friends the Rotollos from Houston were going to be there! It was a lot of fun, and was pretty warm. It did rain on us a little the first day, but it was great. Mason, as always, was a trooper. At 7 weeks old he held his own :)
The first day we actually did a slot canyon by Goblin Valley. It was so much fun we didn't make it to Moab until late. But the slot Canyon was great! It rained a little, but not too much that we couldn't handle it. The only problem came when Mason had a blow out.....and we spilled our water on his extra clothes....whoops.

Family picture in the Slot Canyon. Mason always good for a ride...


I just think this picture of the slot canyon is pretty
This is the face of someone having a little too much fun.....wait a second, what is that smell?

Yes, my 7 week old is wearing a jacket and no onesie. I am a bad mom. I am changing his blow out on a rock, go to pull out the extra onesie, and spill my water all over it. Yep drenched. Poor kid. I know now to have extras of the extras. Hey, I am learning....
As I am changing the blowout, Chris and Joseph are trying to climb up the canyon to a cave.

In case you are wondering, they don't make it.
And another family pic photo op.

The next day we actually get to hang out in Arches National Park. It is pretty amazing there! We only had time to hike to Delicate Arch, and wander around in the Fiery Furnace, but it was great fun. And yes, a ranger told me while I was carrying Mason up to Delicate Arch that he was the youngest hiker there so far that day :)
Fiery Furnace was pretty sweet. Poor Mason was getting pretty jostled though, so we made it short.



Poor kid. Get used to it now.
And to finish off the pictures some random ones that I like:

Balancing Rock

Isn't the sky beautiful????

3 comments:
How fun! I have always loved Moab. Kudos to you for getting out and about with Mason so little. Start 'em young I say and you can travel anywhere.
I am exhausted just reading about all of your travels! Fun to see some pictures of Mason!
You may not believe it, but I've never been to Moab! It's so beautiful and it looks like a ton of fun!
Post a Comment