Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mason's 1st Birthday Party!

Wow, What a crazy three weeks it has been! But I guess I will start with Mason's first Birthday Party! I of course stayed with his Dr. Seuss theme that has been fun all year! :) We had Green Eggs and Ham, Poodles with Noodles (not real poodles, just a pasta salad :) Yot in the Pot (Baked Beans) Diffendorfer Salad (Fruit Salad), Roast Beast (Roast Beef Sandwiches), Pink Ink Yink Drink (Pink lemonade), ABC's cookies, Mason had his own Dr. Seuss cake and we also had cupcakes. So much fun! It was great to spend the day with family and friends in Utah, Thanks everyone who came!!!  (Warning:  I know this is a lot of pictures, but I can't help but document most of the party)

Green Eggs anyone??



 I found these cute Dr. Seuss stickers at Michaels, and decorated the cupcakes with them.  I think they turned out cute!



White cake from Walmart $5.99, Cat in the Hat Cake Topper from Amazon $1.99, and Dr. Seuss stickers to decorate sides = Inexpensive, but very cute cake!
He couldn't blow the candle himself yet.  Just wanted to grab it.

Not sure what to do.
Pretty tasty...
After a few handfuls of icing in the eyes, fun is over!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so creative! I would never have thought of such a fun menu. And the cake pictures are awesome. Seriously, I so hoped Pearl would have gone crazy with the frosting on her birthday but she didn't really care. I'm hoping Cole tears into the cake like Mason did. Maybe it's a boy thing?

KIRSTEN said...

What a CUTE party idea, and how very appropriate since it was also Dr. Suess' birthday too ha ha! Awww ... your little man is now 1!

The Hoths said...

what a fun party theme! I love all your food ideas! I can't believe that he's one already...time flies by way too fast!!!

Rachel said...

Nice party! Glad to see you went all out! So cute. Mason looks older and wiser. :) Hope all is well....