So Memorial Weekend was a bit of work and a bit of fun. That is right Roxanne, a bit of work! Ha ha ha. Just kidding. Saturday was spent moving all of our stuff from a 1st floor apartment to the 5th floor! Now, this could have been done faster, but since I cannot lift anything with my shoulder and back so bad still, Chris had to get all the heavy items up there pretty much himself. We fashioned couches and dressers onto dolley's so that he could wheel them to the elevator (thank goodness there was an elevator) and then into our new apartment. It took us 6 hours, but that is pretty good for one person and a cripple!

On Sunday we were invited to go to Lake Livingston with some friends. After teaching our cute little sunbeams on Sunday morning, we hooked up with Wendy and drove an hour north. Contrary to what some may think ( I say some, because I was in this group), Houston area is BEAUTIFUL! It rains a lot here and there is humidity so everything is very lush and green! The lake was huge, and there were hardly any people there Sunday and Monday. We stayed at our friends parents Lake house, where they had waverunners and tubes and wakeboards, etc. It was a lot of fun. I even went on the waverunner for a bit and it only hurt my back a little bit. I really wanted to wakeboard but did not in fears of really hurting my back again and my shoulder. Maybe next year. Chris got so sunburned while playing out in the sun on Monday that when he took off his life jacket it looked like he was still wearing a bright white life vest!! Ha ha ha! Poor thing has been in a bit of pain the last couple of days. We drove back reluctantly on Monday night, but it sure was a blast! Here is Chris going of the rope swing into the shallow part of the lake!!
Chris and Wendy on the tube!
6 comments:
So fun to hear you are a Reef believer too! Where are the picures of you :) Looks like you had a blast.
I am glad you got to live in the sun for a few days. It looks like fun! It has been so rainy here in Idaho. I have never been to Houston so it is fun to learn more about the area. I hope your body heals soon. Don't work too hard...because when you have kids everything is work even though it is so much fun.
hey Haylee, I found your blog through Hayley and Travis's. How is your back doing? How is the Bell's Palsy? That is so weird. I have always gotten coldsores too so you're making me a little nervous. I'll be on the look out for a numb tongue.
rhonda
my blog is private but if you want to see it email me so I can email you an invite...rhhoth@hotmail.com
Thanks! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that got sore from the boxing:)We are doing great, thanks for asking. I am so glad that grandma shared your blog with us. It is fun to see what you are up to. I had no idea you had moved to Houston. It seems that you are enjoying it there. Do you miss the beach like crazy? You have some fun pictures on here. It looks like you and Chris do lots of fun things!
Haylee, guess what me and Tasha are bloggers too!! Add me in!!! carbajal.kirsten@gmail.com
I finished up my student teaching and then I taught in kindergarten for the remainder of this school year. Next year I will be teaching second grade. It is fun! As for the book, I have enjoyed the book so far. I am only about a third of the way through it. I had also heard the mixed reviews. So, I started reading it with low expectations so I think that might have made a difference. The first few chapters are weird but it gets better, and more like her style of writing. I think you should at least give it a shot,(and then tell me what you think). I am curious to see what other people think about it. How long have you been in Houston now? What do you think about it?
Post a Comment