Thursday, May 1, 2008

Running!

So I know, it has been a week. Yea, we are boring. Well, I just want everyone to feel my accomplishment. I ran 2 miles yesterday!! Now to some people that may not seem like a lot, but it is a huge accomplishment for me.


a) I hate running


b) I had back surgery and two shoulder surgeries this past year


c) I never ran that much before my surgery!!




All this = Big accomplishment!!!




Woohoo!! I won't be doing any marathons in the near future, but I feel good about the track I am on. I also started physical therapy last week for my shoulder finally. The therapists believe that they know exactly which muscles are weak and causing me to still have shoulder pain. This is finally good news. They are starting to tape my shoulder blade down so that I work the right muscles to get back to normal!!


So this picture has no connection with what I just wrote, but I just want everyone to see Chris in the Lake with our Niece (little girl on left) over Easter. It looks cold, but this is Texas, so the Lake in March is not too bad.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

That's awesome you went running. Mike use to hate to run but once he started and did a race he has to enjoyed it more. Mike will have to do Haylee's Day Off this summer and I'll just have to be a spectator for now. Mike went rockclimbing on Tuesday and got sunburned then it snowed on Wednesday and Thursday. The weather in Utah has been scary.

I am glad that you have enjoyed my blog. To be honest I was really scared to be pregnant and I actually cried a little when my test was positive. At that point I knew there was no turning back.

Hayley said...

And who's little girl is that? I'm curious as to what your sisters are up to.

Fill me in :).

Jenny said...

I'm totally impressed, seriously! I used to run all the time but well with a baby I'm luck to make it to out the door without boogers all over my shirt. You've inspired me to give running another go.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

YOur Awesome! That IS a big accomplishment. I am just getting back into it too and it isn't easy especially when you are used to doing other things to get exercise that come more natural in just doing things outdoors(hiking, biking etc.) It isn't always an option with my four kids now so I find myself on a treadmill looking at a wall :)

Roxanne said...

Great job with the running! I tell everyone that you just have to get over that first big hump...usually 3 miles and it gets easier. It would be hard to deal with all the shoulder pain, you are a trooper.
Never say never about a marathon, you just might get addicted.

Trisha said...

I can totally relate to those little accomplishments!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Hayley! I always wonder who actually reads my nonsense. Set up a link, and I am going to do the same. I'm glad you wrote cuz I didn't know you had a blog! Surprising since I really think I am the queen of blogstalking. Watch out! jk.

Casey Hyer Photography said...

wooo hoo for running. You should get a bike too. They are way fun. Alisa just got some so we are going to start doing that soon.

Rachel and Lam said...

What an accomplishment!!! I can't believe you attempted to run with the shoulder and back pain. I have always admired you and how strong willed you are. I am glad you stumbled across my blog. I have lost contact with a lot of my good friends. Blogging is so "excellent!" I used your phrase and funny I can still remember how you say it, so cool!!!

I ran into your mom a few months ago at Dr. Mortenson's office. She told me how you moved to Houston. What a change for you. I would miss the ocean too.

Lam and I are moving to Logan in July, which you now know from my blog. I am excited to move but sad in a way to leave the desert. The Sonoran Desert has it's own beauty. However I can not wait to be by the Rocky Mountains.

Rachel