The game started, and Chris kept getting in trouble for not paying attention. Go figure. He is not really the competitive type, which makes it hard for me to compete against him!!! He did get to 1st base once though, doing cartwheels to the base.
The back drop for our game was beautiful. You could see the San Diego temple in the background. This is a picture of Susan in the outfield.
Our team (Groom's) ended up winning, although I didn't really help at all. I am still a bit crippled to play softball. But I was a great cheerleader!
After that was over we had some time to kill before we went to fireworks so we went flying. Paul hadn't been able to fly his plane in awhile since he moved to Utah so it was a good chance.
I must say I was a little nervous since every time I have gone with him there has been some plane drama, but all went well!
I didn't even get motion sick!!
Then we went to the fireworks at Mission Bay. It was cool because you could see so many different cities's fireworks in San Diego County. It was a lot of fun to see friends we had not seen in awhile. Sorry, no pics. Everyone forgot cameras!
The next day was my biggest challenge of the weekend. I had told myself that no matter what I was going to try to surf!! I had not been able to surf in almost 3 years because of my injuries, so it was going to be a test. I figured if I just tried to paddle out I would be victorious. I thought perhaps I would get washed into shore on the first wave!! Test one: Passed. I made it out past the wave breaks. Test Two: Passed. I caught a wave! Test Three: Passed! I stood up and surfed two waves in!!! That may not seem like a lot, but by that time I was sooooo tired!! I could barely paddle back into shore. But I felt great. The picture I have isn't great because the marine layer made visability bad, but this is a picture of me in the wave lineup (2nd from left).
Next up wedding reception. It was a beautiful wedding, with a beautiful bride. I would put more pictures up, but I look fat in all of them, so this is the only one you all get to see!! ;) Looks like I still have a ways to go until I am back in shape!!
This last weekend we were invited by my boss to stay at her beach house on the Gulf of Mexico. It was a lot of fun.

We got up on Saturday and went to the ship yard to get fresh shrimp. I don't like shrimp, but hey, it seemed like I should have shrimp here!!

We spent the rest of the day at the beach, and boy was it warm!! I have never felt water so warm! The waves were hot when they would hit you!!
We were definitely in redneck country too, the forward email I could have made if I would have had my camera when we drove along the beach! Priceless! (by the way, the beaches in Texas are considered state highways, and EVERYONE was driving there big trucks there.) There were confederate flags flying everywhere on the trucks with words like "redneck" imposed on them. Did you even need to tell me? Crazy!
But alas, all things come to an end, so we had to come back to civilization.

7 comments:
Vacationing again haylee...take me with you!
Cali and then Texas ... you have lived in some pretty amazing areas. Did you miss Cali when you went back to visit? I must admit that I was a little sad when I read you had moved because there is a really good possibility that me and Chiki might still end up there :(
You vacation looked like it was a total hit. You be careful out there playing ball so soon after your release :) I loved the surf pictures, you get to be a pro and I'll fly out there and meet you for lessons, that would be a ball.
wow how fun, im jealous you vacation so much, we got go many places(other than camping), i would love to go to a beach(other than bear lake) looks like fun.
Fun! I would love to go away on a vacation...not just visiting family...ummm-maybe without kids, too! I love the beach and the Gulf, but I'll agree with some interesting characters around. I have to laugh 'cause there will be a million dollar home on the beach front, then just a couple houses down there is a shanty with broken down cars in the front yard...gotta love the Gulf!
I'll just have to live vicariously through you, flying planes, surfing just to name a few! Looks like your having a pretty awesome sumer!
Oh you better think of me while you are up in beautiful Breckenridge. I was up that way last weekend, and is is so pretty this time of year. I hope you enjoy your little trip there!!
Post a Comment