Chris and I both Love Ray's music, and actually consider his song "Shelter" to be "our song". We were going to dance to it at our wedding, but alas, we talk too much and it was too late when we realized we had forgotten all the dancing stuff! Whoops! Here is the song if you would like to hear it. We also really liked the girl who opened for him as well. Her name is Leona Naess, and she also sings with him on a couple of his songs on his new album.
If you want to hear some new music from her click here.
The next night we went to a show called "African Footprint."


It was an amazing show of the history of Africa, complete with Dancing and singing. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and to make it better....It was free!!! The park by our house where the Houston Zoo is has an outdoor amphitheatre where they have free shows at night. It is one of our favoirte things about living in the city. We have seen a Peter Pan play there, numerous musical numbers, last week a show about Asia (it had martial arts, music, dancing, etc.) But this last one was just amazing. Here is a link so you can see a bit of what it is all about! My favorite part was when they were having a step show/tap dance off! War of the dancing. Awesome!!
2 comments:
How fun! I'd love to see them in concert and watch the African dance...amazing what culture lies within cities, isn't it.
Wow, I am jealous of your cultural opportunities! I think Collin Raye came to Rexburg last month... we didn't make it :)
Post a Comment