I Broke down and did it, after 9 months of no car I finally got one. What made me do this you ask? Well, I fully enjoy my scooter, but with how much it rains here (especially during hurricane season) I get drenched!! There have been numerous times that I have had to buy new clothes when I got to work becuase it started raining without warning and I didn't have time to put my rainpants on. Well, that was reason Number one that I have been dealing with willingly all year. The thing that made me make a decision was on Monday, two cars got in a wreck and a bumper flew at me on my little scooter. I must say it was VERY scary! I was so scared that as soon as I got home I told Chris we were going to the Honda dealership and getting me an Element! (I already knew that is what I wanted, and because I had one before I knew what I was looking for). We came home monday night with this beauty. It is nicer than my last one, mostly because it is a few years newer. I was so excited to drive it to work Tuesday Morning when I got because it was POURING rain! Yay! I got to work dry!
I am not, however, willing to give up the scooter though, and will still probably drive it on nice days or when I am making a quick run somewhere. I love that scooter, we have had some good times!


10 comments:
Your lookin' cute on your little scooter, but I love the new car. Congrats.
Congrats on the new addition. It looks just like you - ha ha. I would have to agree that having car parts flying in my direction, might make me a little terrified. Enjoy your new ride!!
I've always wondered about the Honda Element. Looks great!
Nice ride! If Scott had his way that is what we would be driving right now. While I love them, I had to veto based on only 4 seater. But what do you care? You used to only seat 1!
I have only heard good things about the element and they have a ton of room inside. I have been thinking about getting a scooter they look so fun, the only problem---no place for the car seat :)
Flying bumpers is totally scary! I don't blame you for wanting a little bit more protection! I love the new car, it it cute!
Love the car...must say I am a bit jealous. Driving a mini-van around is not my idea of fun...sigh...my hubby wants a scooter, also. I guess I'm just jealous in general ;)
You're a better sport than me for keeping the scooter for this long. If I didn't have to have a car seat, I woudl take a scooter to work anytime (well in the summer).
haylee!!! yay for the element, and it is a beauty! but I do love your yellow scooter:) hope to see you soon!
Haylee - hi, this is Anna (Iverson)Swan. I love your blog - it's fun to see what you've been up to since high school! Anyway, I love the new Element! I do really like your scooter too.
I learned to ride a motorcycle this summer & they are just so much fun! Something very freeing about it.
Well, I just wanted to say Hi.
Post a Comment