Day One - December 23rd
Flying nothing to big
Day Two - December 24th
Still Flying
Day Three - December 25th
We have finally arrived!!! It felt like we were traveling forever but we finally made it! Hong Kong is very fast paced and a bit overwhelming. But on our first day we try to take it a bit easy, which is very hard for Chris!!
First view I get when getting off of the Subway. Most of the sidewalks are elevated above the streets to get as many people around as possible.
Getting settled into our first hotel. This is our first of many....
This is the LDS Church Building. Is was right by our first hotel, and it is brand new and beautiful. It was Christmas Day, so we were able to go in and see some of it. It is eleven floors, with a baptismal font on the second floor and the chapel on the sixth floor. The rest was offices, classrooms, etc.
Chris standing in front of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints plaque.
Christmas Tree in Central. It was huge. I don't know if you can tell from these pictures. By the way, that building behind the tree is the building that Batman jumps off of in "The Dark Knight" when he is in Hong Kong capturing the Asian guy. It is pretty impressive.
Day Four - December 26th
Day four was designated as the day to see Lantau Island. Unfortunately, we mostly got to see one area, but it was still fun. We stood in line to ride the Gondola up to see the Big Buddha. We were told it was the biggest free standing Buddha in the World. Whatever that means, I am not sure. But it was still pretty cool.
Waiting for the Star Ferry to take us across the Harbour.
A few pictures as we are in the ferry going across the Harbour. The top one is the Convention Center.
The next couple are all pictures from the Gondola Ride up to the Buddha.
Chris and Paul getting ready to get on the Gondola.
Paul and Susan on Gondola.
View of Residential Buildings from Gondola.
The next few are all around the Big Buddha.
Approaching Buddha from the small town below.
Getting ready for the Hike up.
Looks like a long way up.
Getting Closer.....
Made It!!!
One of the statues surrounding the base of Buddha.
Chris Contemplating the journey back down.
Pretty view from the top.
The next group is the pictures taken at the temple at the bottom of Buddha when we got back down.
Chris and Paul getting ready to go in the main gate of the Temple.
Burning incense to relatives that have passed on.
Me in front of the Temple.
A Monk inside of the Temple cleaning I think....
Inside the Temple doors.
Just outside the Temple gearing up to go home. Everyone has a bit of Jet Lag...
A Dragon carved on the outside of the Temple.
I just liked this sign outside of the temple...
Paul and Susan didn't quite make it the ferry ride back from Lantau Island. You can tell we had a busy day.
Asia Day Five to be continued.....
6 comments:
what an amazing start, I can't wait to see how the rest of the trip turns out.
Very cool! I like the pictures and quick text with them...easier to stay in the journey as you relive it!
Totally amazing Haylee! I'm looking forward to all of these posts!
WOW!!! Thanks for the pix!
wow looks like the neatest dang trip of a life time. glad that you did it and had a good time.
How incredible. I would love to travel there. I'm so excited for you and look forward to reading more of your adventures!
Post a Comment