Today we are headed to the country of Macau. Macau was first settled by the Portuegese, and therefore that is the officail language of Macau. Very interesting...It has a lot of the Portuegese influence in their architecture, which I really liked, and it is also vying to become the next Las Vegas. It has a lot of the new casinos like Vegas, the Venetian, MGM Grand, the Wynn and a few more. We started off the day by getting our tickets to Macau, we were going to travel by Hydrofoil Ferry, which is a VERY FAST ferry. We got our tickets and were waiting around for our departure time. At 15 minutes before we left we entered through the door and discovered that there were A TON of people waiting to get through customs to get on their alloted ferry to Macau. We realized we had made a big mistake by waiting outside, and when our ferry took off....we were still in line. As soon as we got through customs we raced over to the next ferry that was about to leave and begged them to let us (all 9 of us!) on the next ferry. We were talking so fast and had raced in front of so many people that I think they didn't enough english to reply so they just let us on. Phew!!!
Once in Macau, we took a bus to the Central part of Macau where they had decorated for Christmas.
This is the town square, I like this picture because I kept the building it's yellow color and everything else is black and white. Kind of fun.
Chris and I in the town square.
The next two pictures are residential areas.
The next few are pictures at a fort that is high up on a hill in Macau to protect it from invaders back in the 1600's.
The next pictures are of St. Pauls church. In the 1600's it was all burned down by a fire in the kitchen, all except for the front of it, which is still the only part of it they have kept. Very interesting.
This is from the fort.
Well, we could not get tickets back to Hong Kong...so.....we had to buy first class tickets on the Hydrofoil. We were pretty excited.
Chris and Paul are waiting in the First Class lounge for the boat, it wasn't as nice as we thought it would be. And then we got in the boat. It wasn't as nice as our boat there, so first class wasn't as nice as economy. Oh well, at least we got a sandwich with the crusts cut off and some jello!!!
The Great Asian Race day 8 to be continued.......
5 comments:
Look at you Munk girls traveling the world! It is so fun to read about your trip. I am so glad you got to go and have such a cool adventure. You will be so glad you did.
We traveled for a month in South America before we had kids and I am so glad because it's so different traveling with kids. Thanks for sharing.
You and the hubby sure know how to vacation. For one I love watching the amazing race - you and Chris just bring it to life!!
This is just so amazing! I imagine you will never forget this!
this trip is simply amazing me, the pictures of the church that burned down is really insteresting
Have I mentioned yet how much this makes me want to travel?
Post a Comment