We still had a pretty sweet view of the Harbour even if it was a smaller not so nice hotel.
These next two pictures are us at a little hole in the wall noodle place we found. It was tiny but some how they found a table to squish all 9 of us around!!
I of course am still having trouble on the chopstick diet. For some reason I can't get those slippery noodles to stay where I can put them into my mouth!!
Next we have to get from one side of Hong Kong Island to another...I know!! How about the Ding Ding!!
The Ding Ding was my favorite mode of transportation that we took the whole trip! It is a trolley car that goes nine miles from end to end on Hong Kong Island and it literally cost 25 cents! We got on, walked to the top (it is double decker) and could see the city as we trolleyed along!! It was great!!
When we got to the other end of Hong Kong we walked a lot. We were seeing the sights that this Island had to offer, which was a lot. Here are a few pictures in Central.
Chris and Emily discussing which path we should take while trying to get out of the sprinkling rain. It was just a little drizzle...
This is the Hong Kong Government Building.
More of the fountain in front of the government building.
I don't know if you can quite tell from this, but this tube looking thing is a sidewalk, and not just any sidewalk...a moving sidewalk. Think those flat moving escalators in airports so you don't have to walk. That is what this is. It is angled up and goes for quite a few blocks because the hills are so steep it would be hard to walk. Part of the day they go one direction and then the next half of the day they go the other direction. I think that is for the people that live up in the hills to go to and from work without having to walk those crazy hills. I loved it because it gave me a chance to get some good pictures on the move!!
I took this one so everyone could see the scaffolding. It is all bamboo!! This is a smaller structure, but even all the High rise sky scrapers you see being built have bamboo scaffolding. I know it is supposedly strong, but I would feel so much safer on steel!!! I guess that is why I am not in construction in Asia.
More architecture and street life as we move by...
Alright, so we finally make it to the next temple. I can't remember what was special about this one, but for some reason we ventured out to see this one special. It was pretty cool.
Once we were done with this temple we sat outside it for awhile. We were all pretty tired. You can tell from all of these pictures.
Chris is obsessed with maps, and this trip was his perfect opportunity to look at maps EVERY second!!!
Chris only brought one pair of shoes, that he knew did not fit very well, so that he could buy a new pair. By day 6 he still had not found a pair of new shoes he wanted to buy so his feet are killing him here! After this, I insisted we go to a mall where he tried on LOTS of shoes and finally bought a pair. He still complained a lot that his feet hurt....Damage done.
Yea, Okay. So my feet hurt too. But, to my credit I didn't complain....too much, and I had blisters.
This is Susan's mom. I just liked this picture.
Another picture I liked of Betty, Susan's Sister, and her dad.
Next on our list is to take the tram up to the top of Victoria Peak. This is a very steep point that overlook Hong Kong and Kowloon Bay. Pretty cool.
Waiting for the tram.
Here it comes!!!
It is here and that means everyone is going to push to get on. Apparently there is no such thing as waiting in line in Hong Kong. People have no qualms about cutting in front of you and pushing there way in. It is pretty interesting.
This is the tram coming up to the top. Not ours of course, but I thought it would be good to get a picture of the tram coming up.
All the next pictures are of Hong Kong from the peak.
4 comments:
Incredible! It is amazing how up and down everything is. I'm sure that is due to how many people there are :). I couln't believe the scaffolding, either. Eek...I'm not afraid of heights, just of falling and on that , it looked like a sure thing to me.
What an amazing mix of technology and traditional/ancient. Very beautiful.
Keep 'em coming! Very cool pictures.
I love all the pictures and I jut told Nate we are going to Japan one day (hopefully soon). What a chance of a lifetime. It truly looked amazing! Glad you are back safely!
wow, looks likes fun, what some great pictures, im jealous, i will probably never leave utah for a very long time.
Post a Comment