Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In memory of my Dress

I know that it is materialistic. But we got robbed last week, and I am in mourning of my wedding dress. Yeah, things could be worse. They got away with $4500 worth of stuff, but the thing that I am most sad about is my wedding dress. The other stuff is replaceable (well, minus a few other things that were in my "treasure chest" with my dress), but replaceable non the less. In fact, our renters insurance only took one day to pay us back the money it will take to replace cameras, etc. But my wedding dress was special to me. Of course because I got married in it, but also because I designed it, I bought and picked out the material, and I worked right with the women who sewed it (I can only do so much, if it was going to be wearable, someone else needed to sew it). So in memory of my wedding dress, a few pictures:


Photobucket

Photobucket


So if any of you wander into a pawn shop and see my wedding dress, please buy it for me. I will pay you back. Also things to be on the lookout for that cannot be replaced: My journals (who would want these, really. My life is way to boring to want to steal these.

Chris is quite excited to get a new camera, lens, filters, etc. Backpacks, in fact the backpack they stole had a bunch of stuff he had just taken to climb Mt. Whitney, so the insurance even gave us money to replace his underwear :) good thing.

6 comments:

Mortons Love said...

Those dirty theifs!! This is bad news, I'm super sorry. Why would they want your journals and postcard collection. No offense to your personal thoughts, but that is just mean.

Jen said...

Oh Haley, this is the worst news. I'm so sorry about your dress. I would be devastated if someone took mine and I didn't put HALF the amount of work into mine that you did. You were gorgeous that day in that dress. I'm so so sorry it was taken.

And for the rest of it...sorry for that too!!! Theft is soooo aggravating. Jonny and I are curious about more of the details. We'll have to get in touch soon.

Hayley said...

Are you kidding me?

WHO does that?
Who?

And I'm sorry I never called you the other day. My life is crazy. Crazy buys right now. I've worked daily trying to get all my clients in before school starts. Sienna starts after labor day, and then my life will calm down, like a lot. I would love to see you then.

Jenny said...

I am so so sorry! I would be bawling for weeks and weeks. This just SUCKS!

Trisha said...

What the heck? That makes me mad! You'll have to fill us into all the details.

Nate and Tasha said...

So unbelieveable! You look gorgeous in that dress too, such a shame. Stupid robbers!